Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common causes of female infertility. This hormonal disorder affects one in every ten women in India. If left undiagnosed, PCOS can result in various long-term health concerns. Make sure to visit the best doctor for PCOS in Bangalore as soon as possible if you think you are at risk.
Signs you may need to start looking for the best doctor for PCOS in Bangalore:
The symptoms of PCOS generally become apparent during a woman’s late teens or early 20s. There is no exact reason for the disorder; however, it may result from insulin resistance or genetics.
If you are not sure about your condition, what you can do is watch out for the common signs and symptoms of PCOS, including:
- Irregular periods or the lack of periods
- Irregular ovulation or failure to ovulate, resulting in pregnancy issues
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back, or buttocks
- Weight gain
- Thinning hair on the head
- Oily skin or acne
- Excess skin on the neck or armpits
- Dark or thick skin patches on the neck, armpits, and under the breasts
Depending on the severity of your symptoms, your overall health, and whether or not you plan to get pregnant, your PCOS specialist may recommend the following treatments:
- Change in diet and activity
- Medications for ovulation
- Birth control pills
- Diabetes medication
- Medications to reduce hair growth or acne
How do these treatments help? A lifestyle change, for example, can improve weight loss and reduce your symptoms. Meanwhile, birth control pills will help control your menstrual cycles and minimise hormonal imbalance.
Luckily, the best doctor for PCOS in Bangalore can conduct a series of tests and check-ups to help you find the most suitable treatments. But before your visit, make sure you find a specialist with experience dealing with infertility issues and other reproductive health problems in women.